October 17, 2012
On behalf of PSCFA, I would like to invite you to the PSCFA Fall Championship Tournament to be held on the campus of Cerritos College on November 30th – December 2nd, 2012.
Students may compete in rookie, novice, junior, and senior divisions of Parliamentary Debate, novice, junior, and senior divisions of NFA and Parli L/D; as well as one division of Readers Theater. Additionally, we offer novice, junior, and senior divisions of 12 individual events. There will be four preliminary and the appropriate elimination rounds in debate; and two preliminary and final rounds (with sufficient entry) in individual events.
All entries are due by 6:00 p.m. on Monday, November 26th. YOU MUST USE THE WEB ENTRY SYSTEM – NO EXCEPTIONS. Visit http://www.forensicstournament.net to enter. Tournament Entry will be available beginning on November 19th.
Other Important Announcements:
1) PSCFA does not allow uncovered Debate and Theater entries unless allowed by the Tournament Director. At the present time I cannot guarantee any teams will be allowed to buy out of this commitment. I am in the process of finding hired judges. Our first priority is to provide hired judges to cover PSCFA commitments. If anyone knows of judges for hire, please have them contact me by email (email@example.com). PSCFA now pays $15 a round.
2) We will be enforcing the nuisance fee for drops and no-shows (including judges).
3) PSCFA has a different format for the first two rounds of parliamentary debate. Please consult the schedule and inform your students and judges of the procedures. Remember, that teams not reporting 15 minutes after the topic has been announced for round 1 will be dropped from the tournament.
4) ALL JUDGES MUST BE CERTIFIED BEFORE THEY CAN BE USED TO COVER YOUR COMMITMENT. IF YOU HAVE NOT CERTIFIED WITHIN THE LAST YEAR, YOU MUST RE-CERTIFY. Please have your judges go to www.pscfa.org and click on the “FRED” link. If judges show up to the tournament uncertified, they will not be able to judge round one (so they can read “Fred” and get certified) and your school will incur a judging penalty. 5) Judges must register with the judges table upon arrival.
6) We will once again conduct a “Toys for Tots” drive in coordination with the United States Marine Corps Reserves. Please encourage your students to bring a new, unwrapped toy valued at less than $20.
Attached please find more detailed tournament information, a description of tournament rules and procedures and entry forms. Please refer to the PSCFA HANDBOOK for the newest information on Rules. If you do not have a copy of the PSCFA HANDBOOK, please check PSCFA’s website at www.pscfa.org
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org